Sunday, July 25, 2010

potatoe balls

Pardon my ignorance, but what the heck are these things growing out of our potatoe plants?Potatoe ball mystery aside, the garden is growing like crazy. And in prep for winter crops, the greenhouse is progressing in leaps and bounds. Yesterday was electrifying .... as it were. I'm sure it won't be long before the neighbours are gossiping about what the new lights are "up on the hill".At any given time, some cat or other can be seen skulking around the yard.Just as I was wondering how Ewie got up on top of the Boler .... he revealed that it really was no big deal.I took this shot of Art writing by candlelight, but accidentally left the shutter open too long. I particularly like the Elton John eyeglasses look.My sister-in-law, Echo, is a beautiful artist and she made these for Art's birthday. She makes the hearts with concrete and then later does calligraphy on them. These quotes are from The Four Agreements.Xena and Kermit. Aren't they just adorable?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are potato fruit

http://tinyfarmblog.com/potato-fruit/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potato

It looks like you can plant the seeds from the fruit to grow new potato types. Who knew, I have never seen those before.

Kev