Sunday, September 10, 2006

The less obvious members of the family

Lately, I've been talking a lot about our new dog Xena. But there are a couple of other kritters that live here, too. They don't do as many exciting things as Xena, so don't get as much press, but they're my true loves. They are brother and sister kitty-kats, named Blackie (the boy) and Chickie (the girl). If you don't know their story, they were feral kittens on a farm in Abbotsford about 6 years ago. I'm pretty sure I wasn't thinking straight at the time, but we trapped them and brought them to our home in Burnaby. I proceeded to tame them. It's a long story, with lots of ups and downs (and the dispensing of a box or 2 of band-aids on Art, who seemed to keep getting his hands and arms in the way), but they eventually became pretty nice housecats. I love them to bits.Of course, right after I took that picture, they had to pretend that, no, they weren't being cuddly with each other.

No comments: