Sunday, October 28, 2007

my new wheels

Awhile back I told you that we traded Betsy Ford (our F250) for a minivan. This is it (Xena's giving it the once-over).It's pretty good....and it's 4X4. Quite necessary for these parts.

Around here everybody knows everybody else by the vehicle they drive. We are known for our white Toyota pickup with a very distinctive roof rack, so people recognize us and wave. It'll take a while for them to get to know this vehicle so it'll be like we're strangers in town again. Normally I prefer anonymity, but I am getting used to the small town life where everybody knows you and they wave when they see you. I don't mind that part at all.

1 comment:

Way Out Wear said...

Very nice! I didn't know mini-vans could be 4WD! Well the good thing about small towns and everyone knowing you, is that if you ever need help, people are more inclined to do so. The bad news, sometimes tongues can be a waggin'!
I bet you'll put roof racks on the van!