Friday, December 12, 2008

blame it on the man in the moon

Monday was a super duper day. Perfect timing all-around, every little thing falling into place. Tuesday - crap. Shouldn't even have gotten out of bed. Wednesday - back on track. Looking good. Thursday - crapola. Today - egh. Can't get around to doing much more than playing Sudoku on the computer and eating peanut butter with a spoon. And I'm not the only one having this kind of a time. Everyone around me is, too. Then I started to wonder. How much is just plain old fate and how much is being influenced by the moon?It's a very special one right now. Not only is it full today, but it is also the closest to Earth it's been in 15 years and or will be again for 8 more years. Being this close and full at the same time, there's gotta be some unusual forces at work.

So, ya, I've hardly moved from in front of the computer all day, but have I caught up on email or updated my blog? No. Well, I'm updating my blog only because I promised that I would. It's been extremely hard to get motivated lately (more than just today or this week). Seems to be for ages now. Mind you, today is cold, snowy and blowy (gale-force winds, to be exact ... expecting the power to go out at any time), so being inside is a really good idea. The chickens need water, though, so I'll have to bundle up and get out there before dark.

Speaking of the chickens. One of our hens died yesterday. Yes, I know she's just a chicken and yes, I know that happens sometimes for no apparant reason, but it still makes me cry. Maybe I'll blame that on the moon, too.

We did go to Prince George recently to get this snow plow for the skid steer.Check out Art's blog to see it in action.

I took advantage of being in the "big city" and stocked up on a couple of things that we can't get here.The cookies are Art's, the tea is mine. Substitutes of either will just not do. We found some fake Danish butter cookies in Fraser Lake, but upon reading the label they are made in China. Put 'em back on the shelf. We'll pass on the melamine, thanks.

No comments: