Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And now for something completely different

So....now it's raining. It's warmed up, the snow is melting and that will then freeze, giving us a lovely layer of ice on top of all this. This otta be good for some driving antics. I don't know which is worse. This or the flooding going on in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.

My sister lives along the Sooke River (north of Victoria) and she got quite a shock yesterday when the river suddenly rose and flooded her property. As she was gathering her entourage of cats and dogs and getting them to safety she lost track of her little Jack Russell, Sam. She spent 14 hours searching for him, all up and down the banks of the raging river and everywhere else she could think of. I just wanted to cry for her because I know how my heart would break if one of my animals disappeared. I guess St. Francis of Assisi was taking care of little Sam, though. He finally emerged from a well selected hiding place late last night, and wasn't swept away after all. Phewwww! Many thank you's are in order.

No comments: