Sunday, March 25, 2007

300

We went to see the move "300" with Sara & Kevin the other night.I have to admit I had very little desire to see it. Even though I know it's not real, I do not want to see animals being mutilated. I don't care how good the rest of the movie is ..... I don't want to see that. So, I decided that I would go into one of the other movies while the 3 of them watched this one. After I got the gears a bit about wanting to do that I figured "fine, I'll go". I'd gotten enough of a head's up from Carol's blog to know when the offending scenes were likely to occur so would just look away at those times.When we arrived at the theatre there was somewhere between a skabillion and a gazillion other people with the same idea. I know for a fact that if it had been just Art and I we would not have even walked through the front doors. I wanted to leave immediately. I held back that urge and pressed forward. Once we made it past the initial mob it was OK. We were early enough to get the seats we wanted and I was very, very surprised at how good the movie actually was. I liked the message .... that free men have to stand up for their freedom, against all odds. There was humour and, of course, plenty of man-flesh. The women were few and not very voluptuous at all, which seemed quite strange to me. But I was impressed at the tenderness in all that violence. Leonidas loved and cherished his wife and regarded her above all else. He made me believe it. I was surprisingly touched. Great movie.

No comments: