Sunday, March 25, 2007

Big decision

While we were at the coast we were presented with a big decision. Whether or not to sell our house in Burnaby. The original plan was to hang onto it til around 2010, and sell it then. Unfortunately, we are finding that it's an impossible dream. We just can't afford to do it. We've weighed every option we can think of, including going back to work, but we're supposed to be retired. Going back to work is not what we want to do. If there was any way for us to not have to sell we would do it, but going farther and farther into the hole just doesn't make sense. We've been so blessed that our friends Mike, Carol and Bennett have been living in the house and taking care of it like it was their own. It has ripped our guts out to come to this decision and have to upset their lives. I know we have broken their hearts because they love the place and we love them. My heart is broken, too. That was our home for 20 years. Sobriety came to us there. We got married. We broke up and got back together. A lot of living has been done in that house. So, emotions are high for all involved, and I suppose that's normal. But I've got to trust that each of us are in God's fur-lined pocket .... and it will be OK.

1 comment:

My Little Corner said...

Oh, I am so sorry. They say things happen for a reason. I wish you all the best in making such a tough decision.