Friday, September 07, 2007

crocheted curtain

Now that the sun is coming up later it is hard to sit at our kitchen table in the early morning. The sun glares in until it gets up in the sky a little. I've been pricing out curtains and roller blinds and venetians and quite frankly they are all outrageously priced. Even a simple rod to hang something from is silly expensive. All that's needed is a valance type thing, about 15-18 inches long, so I had a brain wave. We'll see how it turns out, but so far this is what I've got.....

I have a bunch of extra light-ish weight wool, a kind of willow colour. I am crocheting it up in a mesh-like pattern as one long piece (about twice the width of the window).It's easy and fun and is getting long fast.I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!

Way Out Wear said...

You're so smart!
Can't wait to see it hanging up!