Saturday, July 22, 2006

Drat...foiled again

I guess I'm just slow on the uptake, but I found out how to stop the spammers on my blog. Or maybe I'm just naive. I've been doing this blog all this time and thinking "how nice....it's fun, it's free, there's no advertising, no one bothers me....no 'catches' ". Then the jerks of the world find a way to exploit it, like they exploit everything else that they possibly can, just for exploiting's sake. Is it any danged wonder that people get cynical?

So, I started thinking about it and noticed that other peoples' blogs have this thing called "word verification" when I go to leave comments. Now I understand what that's for. Spammers can't get past it with their automated little programs. So, I just turned that little feature on and let's hope that's the end of it. Until, of course, the fargin iceholes find a way around.

No more ranting now. Back to the fun.

No comments: