Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I have a question



Well .... more like a rant.


Why are some things so complicated? For instance, cell phones. Personally, I don't like cell phones. If someone wants to talk to me, they can wait til I get home. The only use I can see for one is if there is an emergency.

My friend Audrey is pretty much of the same opinion. I guess her kids were concerned about her with all the recent power outages, so they gave her a cell phone for Christmas. She has to go online to activate it and asked for my help. Audrey is a senior citizen. Not that that means she is dumb or anything .... quite the contrary. But to a lot of people of her generation the internet and all the current gizmos can be overwhelming .... and sometimes unwelcomed. I can find my way around the internet OK but having not kept up with cell phones I found all the choices to be a bit much. There's Talk, Talk-to-Me, Super-Talk, Urban-Talk, Talk-Canada, Talk-North-America. Not to mention Spark, Talk & Spark, Talk & Email, Pay & Talk and on and on and on. What the &^%$ is up with all that?! It's a damn telephone!!! But still we are forced to wade through all this felder-karb because if we give up and call for help, Telus charges extra.

Art invented the perfect "gramma" phone. And I bet it would sell like hotcakes if Telus were to ever twig on. It has no camera, no internet, no change-the-ringer, no keypad at all. Just 3 big buttons .... "911", "call-the-kids", "call-home". Mark my words. When this comes out, remember that you heard it here first.

1 comment:

Viki said...

Don't even get me started on Telus. What a "fubar" company that is!