Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's pretty cold today

Minus 29 C, but the sun is shining and it's beautiful outside. No wind, fresh snow everywhere. Lovely. Good thing we like it because we ain't goin' anywhere for awhile. Our driveway has drifted over and now YRB (highway grader) is refusing to plow us out ( do NOT get me started ). So, I'm pulling out some of the toys I got for Christmas. This one is something I've wanted for awhile.It's a fancy thermometer, which tells me much more than just the current temperature. One feature I think is cool (no pun intended) is that it will tell me what was the coldest it got during the night, while we were all sleeping. "Who gives a twiddle?", you may say, but to Little-Miss-Data-Gathering-Maniac here that's just fun stuff to know.

1 comment:

Viki said...

It's important to know just how severe the elements we survive can be! I'd like to know too.