Friday, January 12, 2007

Yup, it's cold alright

The first thing I did when I got up this morning was to see how cold it got overnight. Minus 37.6 C !!!! I wonder what time of night is the coldest?

I'm not complaining, though. It is invigorating. I love how it feels when I breathe in....little tickle in the throat, nostrils tingle. The ice isn't slippery anymore, but almost sticky. The only thing I don't like is the dryness. My hair gets full of static and clings around my face. That's annoying. And every time I touch a cat we both get zapped. Chickie is particularly prone to it and winces when I reach towards her....before I even touch her. I think it's time to turn the humidifier on.

We finally got dug out yesterday. Just before dusk we looked out to see our neighbour Walter coming up the driveway in his tractor. When his wife Audrey heard that we wouldn't be coming to the Endako Hall Society meeting that night because we were snowed in, she sent him up to clear a way for us. Now THAT's what community is about. NOT leaving someone stranded because they don't FEEL like doing their job ( YRB *&@%!$ ).

1 comment:

Carol Browne said...

BRRRRR! I'm too wimpy for that kind of temperature!